The Apprenticeship Ambassador Network (AAN) is a group of around 860 employers and 340 current/former apprentices. Network members use their advocacy to engage and encourage new employers to deliver apprenticeships and influence young people to actively pursue an apprenticeship.
The AAN leadership team nationally comprises of:
Chair - Anthony Impey MBE
Vice-chair - Kathryn Marshall (Lloyds Banking Group)
Co vice-chair – Tom Culley (BT)
Ambassadors support events and activities on a voluntary basis and inspire employers to connect with apprenticeship delivery across England. The role requires them to go into schools and colleges and share positive experiences of their own apprenticeship.
The AAN is also structured around each of the nine English regions.
Each region has an employer chair and an apprentice chair.
Further information can be found below.
The Apprenticeship Ambassador Network in the East Midlands covers each of the sub regions below:
- Greater Lincolnshire
- South East Midlands covering Bedfordshire, Luton, Milton Keynes, and Northampton
The employer chair is Angela Borman. The apprentice chair's are Parris Small and Charlie Gresswell.
Follow @EastMidsAAN on Twitter.
East of England
The Apprenticeship Ambassador Network in the East of England covers each of the sub regions below:
- Peterborough & Cambridgeshire
The employer chair is Matt O’ Conner. The apprentice chair is Kieren Buxton.
Follow @EofEAAN on Twitter.
The Apprenticeship Ambassador Network covers all sub regions of London.
The employer chair is Neil Weller.
The apprentice chair is Luke Cryan.
Follow @AanLondon on Twitter.
The Apprenticeship Ambassador Network in the North East covers each of the sub regions below:
- County Durham
- Redcar and Cleveland
- Tyne and Wear
The employer chair's are Ian Green and Jeanienne Hinchcliffe. The apprentice chair is Natasha Scorer. Follow @AANNorthEast on Twitter.
The Apprenticeship Ambassador Network in the North West covers each of the sub regions below:
- Cheshire & Warrington
- Greater Manchester
The employer chair is Laura Kedward. The apprentice chair is Matt Newman.
Follow @NWAANetwork on Twitter.
The Apprenticeship Ambassador Network in the South East is spread over five sub regions below:
- Dorset and Solen covering Dorset, East Hampshire, Eastleigh, Fareham, Gosport, Havant, New Forest, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton
- Enterprise M3 covering Basingstoke and Deane, Hart, Rushmoor, Winchester, Elmbridge, Guildford, Runnymede, Spelthorne, Surrey Heath, Waverley, Woking
- Thames Valley covering Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire (not Milton Keynes)
- Coast to Capita covering Brighton and Hove, Lewes, Croydon, Epsom and Ewell, Mole Valley, Reigate & Banstead, Tandridge, West Sussex
- East Sussex and Kent covering East Sussex, Kent, Medway
The employer chair is Elizabeth Flegg. The apprentice chair is Lee Green.
Follow @NetworkSeaa on Twitter.
The Apprenticeship Ambassador Network in the South West covers each of the sub regions below:
- West of England
- Swindon & Wiltshire
The employer chair is Nigel Fenn. The apprentice chair is Ryan Peacock.
Follow @SouthWestAAN on Twitter.
The West Midlands Apprenticeship Ambassador Network covers each of the sub regions below:
- Black Country
- Coventry & Warwickshire
- Greater Birmingham & Solihull
- The Marches covering Herefordshire, Shropshire, and Telford & Wrekin
- Stoke & Staffordshire
The employer chair is Anita Davenport-Brooks. The apprentice chair is Heather Campbell.
Follow @WMAANetwork on Twitter.
Yorkshire and Humber
The Apprenticeship Ambassador Network in Yorkshire & Humber covers each of the sub regions below:
- South Yorkshire covering Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham
- West Yorkshire covering Leeds, Huddersfield, Bradford, Wakefield
- East Yorkshire covering Hull, Beverly, Bridlington
- North Yorkshire covering Whitby, Scarborough, Harrogate, Filey
The employer chair's are Katie Rankin and Jill Coyle. The apprentice chair is Bradley Longford.
Follow @YHAANetwork on Twitter.
If you have any queries about the Apprenticeship Ambassador Network or would like to register your interest in becoming an apprentice ambassador, please email firstname.lastname@example.org